Pistachio cookies Domenica’s Style


I’ve being living in New Orleans for two years now, and my favorite restaurant is “Domenica”, a modern Italian cuisine restaurant. They bring you a few assorted cookies with the coffee, one more delicious than the other, but the ONE I fell in love with was the pistachio. The first time I had them I told to myself I have to make these cookies. I’m not a coffee fan, and even though I was always willing to ask for coffee at the end of my meal, just so they bring my dear pistachio cookies. So yes! It’s an attempt to these gorgeous green and heavenly soft cookies, but let me tell you it’s a great one. I add lots of lime zest to the batter to achieve that lemony tone I love about them.

I invite you to make them because I’m sure you are going to love every bite of them like I do. You are going to surprise yourself when you find out how incredible easy they are to make!. The perfect bite for this time of the year, easy, festive, indulgent and elegant!

If you come to New Orleans don’t miss the opportunity to go to Domenica in Downtown New Orleans, and ask for the wonderful pistachio cookies with your coffee.

This is my way to say Merry Christmas!. Feliz Navidad!. Buon Natale!!!...

Makes 48 cookies
Ingredients
190 grs shelled pistachios, plus 48 pistachios for garnish
150 grs almond meal
200 grs caster sugar
Zest of 4 limes
2 egg whites
Green food coloring (optional)
¼ cup almond paste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Toast the pistachios for about 7 min.
Finely ground the pistachios in a food processor. Add the almond meal, caster sugar and lime zest. Pulse a few times to mix everything together.
Transfer the pistachio mixture to a bowl. Add the egg whites, a few drops of green food coloring if desired and combine well. Add the almond paste and mix together until you form a paste.
Scoop the cookie batter and form into balls. Place them in a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently flat them down and put a pistachio over each cookie. Bake for 10 min.  Enjoy!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment